Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wannabe a "Want To"

Man I love this time of year! In our part of the world, the cold, crisp weather is certainly a bonus to the holiday celebrations. Thanksgiving is an opportunity to spend a couple of days in neutral, before the high gear of the Christmas celebration kicks in. Surely you have something to be thankful for this Thanksgiving!

I'm thankful for my family. It is so easy to take for granted those that are closest to us. Take time to let your family know how grateful you are for them during this time.

I'm thankful for my friends. I've heard it said that you can count your real friends on one hand. The longer I live, the more I think this is true. Try to count your friends this Thanksgiving, and if possible, show them some gratitude for their friendship.

I'm thankful for the people who "want to." I know everybody can't be my "friend." But I have really grown appreciative of the people that are allowed to cross my path who truly have the "want to." They "want to" live life to the full. They "want to" live a life that makes a difference. They "want to" be a breathe of fresh air in a truly stifling world. They "want to" infect their world with an attitude that is encouraging and uplifting. They "want to" give back to the people of their world, not just take all the time. If you are a wannabe of the "want to's" then I'm thankful for you on this Thanksgiving Day!

4 comments:

Lesia Glick said...

Thank you for encouraging us with your life to "want to". I am thankful for you this day. Happy Thanksgiving.

RHONDA said...

WE ARE SO THANKFUL FOR YOU AND OUR FAMILY AND FEEL VERY VERY BLESSED THAT GOD GAVE US YOU IN OUR LIFE!! HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
LOVE THE LYLES

RHONDA said...

I MEANT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY...I CAN'T TYPE...LOL

Cindy said...

I'm thankful for my family, friends, church, and you and your family! Thanks for the words of wisdom. I've been thinking about your "want to" comments, and I wannabe a "want to"...live life to the full, make a difference, be a breath of fresh air, be encouraging and uplifting, and give...
Thanks!
Cindy