Tuesday, January 6, 2009

PUMPED!!!

Happy New Year! 2009 - It's hard to believe! Who would have ever thunk we would have made it this far? This time in history seemed so far away just a couple of decades ago. Some of you may remember the 80's pop song by Prince - "1999". Here we are, going on 10 years after the catastrophic entry into the new millennium. Remember Y2k? It was chaos, right? Not even a glitch!

The new year always brings us to a place of fresh starts. Another opportunity to do the things that you didn't get done last year. I truly hope that is a reality for your future, and not just another empty resolution. For some reason I am filled with excitement and anticipation as we start into the new year. With all of the doom and gloom that is being pumped into the conscious of our world through the media, you would think that there is nothing to be excited about. I can't really explain why I'm pumped about what's ahead, but I am!

Maybe it's because I'm just an eternal optimist. I am just the kind of guy that sees the glass as always being half-full. Nope!

Maybe it's because I'm so smart that I've got everything figured out. Even if the whole thing comes apart, and life as we know it changes forever. I don't think so!

Or, maybe it's because I have the right contacts that keep me up on the latest events, and I have the resources to confront whatever comes next. Wrong again!

I think the answer is really too simple! I am in relationship with the God of all the universe! And if he is with me, then what do I have to worry about? If He is on my side, then what do I have to be afraid of? What? You tell me what can rise up and take on my God, and have a "snowball's chance in hell?"

No wonder I'm so PUMPED!

3 comments:

Lesia Glick said...

Agreed! I am with ya. There is something different about the New Year. With the Election and everything else going haywire there is a real sense of Peace. Everything is going to be fine because we serve the GOD of the universe! Yeah

Rose said...

I am a firm beliver in our cup being half full. Our God reigns. 2009 is going to be a Blessed year We should all be "pumped" up

Cindy said...

Well, I have to confess. Last year was a bad year for us and I was always the encourager and cheerleader. I got so discouraged and starting talking so negative (which was not like me) and giving in to circumstances instead of beleiving God and hanging on to His every word! To my surprise, Tony told me to STOP talking like that, he was tired of hearing it, and this year is going to be a new beginning, God is going to do a new thing! I knew that was God so I had to repent and change! So, like you, I am excited and anticipating what God will do in this new year! And, again, I see the glass half-full...actually, I see it shaken, pressed down and running over!!! because nothing has a chance against HIM.

Thanks for being our cheerleader!
Cindy