Monday, February 2, 2009

Those Kids Are Crazy!

Crazy Kids! I went to a youth conference this past weekend with some of the teens from BST. I had a wonderful time! We had good meetings, fellowship, and skiing. Even though I am still a kid at heart, my body reminded me several times that I am now far removed from being considered young. There were almost three thousand teens and youth workers gathered there in Gatlinburg, Tennessee. The time there this weekend reaffirmed some things that I already thought.

> The youth of today are no different than any other when it comes to their desire to belong and have good friends. They love to be together.

>The youth of today are more radical about their faith than any other that I've had any association with. They are very comfortable with their identity as "Jesus Freaks."

>The youth of today are more passionate about what they believe than any that I've seen. They are not ashamed to express their great love for God, and the things of his Kingdom.

There is an opinion out there that pretty much relegates this post-modern generation of kids to a damned future. But before you put them all in a "hand-basket" on the way to hell, you may need to spend some time with them and find out what they are really all about. They are radicals for Jesus! "Those Kids Are Crazy," In the most wonderful of ways!

1 comment:

Lesia Glick said...

Yes, they are crazy! I live with one of them. That conference was the best money ever spent. God had a huge plan and purpose to do in my son while he was there. He is so fired up about being a Jesus freak!!
All parents of the youth should invest in sending their teens to things. They learn the best of life sometimes with no parents involved!