Tuesday, January 13, 2009

What A Wonderful Life

I sometimes think something is wrong with me!! Am I the only one? I think the world around me sometimes lives with 3-D glasses. People make life much more difficult than it has to be. Seems like much effort goes into complicating life, when in reality it's meant to be much simpler. And simpler usually means happier! Here's some things that I think help keep it simple.

>Be Content. Find satisfaction in the job you have now. Look for the good in your husband/wife. Put an air freshener(new-car scented) in the old car you are driving. Be satisfied with the side of the fence that you find yourself at this time of your life.

>Be Consistent. Stop chasing every little fad that comes along. Stop changing your mind with every new philosophy that Oprah or Dr. Phil is pumping into the mainstream. Every new idea that comes along is not the ideal for your life.

>Be Considerate. Consider the other person before you consider your own. Think of the needs of others before you set out to satisfy your own. Put others before you. Live your life to better someone else's!

It's easy for any of us to get caught up in the disarray of our day. Life at it's simplest can get crazy sometime! But I'd rather live without all the self-induced complications. It really is a Wonderful Life!

5 comments:

Paul said...

ain't they a movie by that name? i think it has some of the same principles, and they are all right on amen!

Stan-n-Shay said...

Wonderfully spoken. I totally agree with you!Everyday life is what most of us take for granted without even realizing that we have done so.I have learned to treasure each minute of the day, not just the day.I am thankful and happy in all that the Lord has provided in our lives. Without him- we have nothing & we are nothing, but in him we have it all. We appreciate you Pastor! Stan & Shay

RHONDA said...

I AGREE COMPLETELY...EVERY DAY I TRY TO THINK OF WHAT THE LORD HAS DONE IN MY LIFE AND BE THANKFUL FOR WHAT I HAVE AND NOT WHAT I DON'T HAVE..SOMETIMES I GET CAUGHT UP IN THE WORLD..AND THEN A MESSAGE OR A SONG, REMINDS ME..ONCE AGAIN...HOW BLESSED I AM..IT IS A WONDERFUL LIFE AND I AM SO THANKFUL...LOVE YOU PASTOR!

JODI said...

I also agree with you, Pastor, along those lines. Some people seem to make life so much more complicated than what it should be and especially moreso than God intended for us. I feel sometimes I was born in the wrong time. I lovvve the 'simple life'....free from the ratrace and the fastpace of technology. There's not too many people that could live like me...lol. But, I'm happy. It seems the simpler we live, and applying your concepts God is more open to His blessings as well. I'm so glad, though, that it doesn't take 'things' to make me happy. I'm never one to try to 'keep up with the Joneses' or thinking 'I must have this or that'. Life would be such a burden to bear if I was. I thank God daily for His love and care, breath, love of family and friends, companionship, a warm house and bed, and my daily bread and sustenance. Because, all in all that is all I need and He is able to provide. Thank you, Pastor, for what you stand for. We appreciate you and your family. Blessings! Jodi

Cindy said...

Life is too short for everything to be so complicated!
There is nothing wrong with you, and no you are not the only one. The world does seem to make things more complicated than necessary. and I'm with you, I want a simpler life and no self-induced or any other-induced complications!
I was looking at Brett the other day and he asked me why was I staring at him and I said "because I can". Sounds too simple, maybe even silly, but I don't care. I never thought about whether I could see my loved ones faces or not until Brett got hurt and to think his life could have been taken in a second and I would not be able to "see" him.
I, too, am thankful for every minute of the day, and want the satisfying life God wants me to have (even with all its troubles & struggles) without the hustle & bustle of the world that is so easy for me to get caught up in.
Thanks for the words of wisdom!
We love and appreciate you and your family!
Cindy